Author Topic: F3 opinion/review  (Read 7805 times)

brotherswing

• Developer
  • Guru to noob translator
    • View Profile
    • Brotherswing's Digital House of Treats
Re: F3 opinion/review
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2014, 09:00:53 PM »
Oh, the colors (including background colors) are controlled by hex values in the xml files located in framework apk files. You would need to decompile them, edit the xml files and then recompile. If you're adventurous, my favorite software for this kind of project is Virtuous Studio Ten.
#_ Guru-to-Noob Translator C:/_ .
Brotherswing's Digital House of Treats

chucksaysblah

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2014, 09:57:40 PM »
Oh, the colors (including background colors) are controlled by hex values in the xml files located in framework apk files. You would need to decompile them, edit the xml files and then recompile. If you're adventurous, my favorite software for this kind of project is Virtuous Studio Ten.

I have already decompiled several apk to change their font colors and pop ups and so forth. But i have not heard of that program before!

brotherswing

• Developer
  • Guru to noob translator
    • View Profile
    • Brotherswing's Digital House of Treats
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2014, 10:25:38 PM »
I used it for cooking roms and themes. It's free too!

http://virtuous-ten-studio.com
#_ Guru-to-Noob Translator C:/_ .
Brotherswing's Digital House of Treats

LeslieAnn

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2014, 04:55:41 PM »
Really wish you were an owner of this phone leslie as I was a big fan of your ROM's on the optimus v!
Thanks.
While I have access to one, making roms for phones you don't have in hand is a pain in the neck. I don't like releasing roms with problems and you tend to always be chasing some problem or another.  The other thing is that I just have too many other projects at the moment.

The formula for Harmonia is simple and I've stated it a few times:
Make sure it works like it should
Add only "essential" tweaks
Delete all bloat and branding
Remove any easily replaced apps that need constant updates (Maps)
Leave any that are fundamental (Gmail causes setup issues if removed), or difficult to put back in (Google Now).

It's not like no one can make a similar rom, very little I did was ground breaking (at least for roms), the problem is convincing developers that there is a desire for that style rom. Rom developers, even now still cling to the idea of more being better and are in a constant race to add more and more features to beat the next guy. You end up with 20 roms all virtually the same thing, the difference being who got the newest feature first this week and who broke what. It's an e-peen race with no end. Don't get me wrong, I fully admit, I needed their work to do my roms, but while they raced off laughing at my work, the number of people using my roms didn't jump around every week. Their users were only loyal until the next big thing came along.  I still have people using roms I made 3 years ago while others faded into distant memory within a week.

Dive in and give it a try, what I did wasn't that difficult (which is why some devs gave me a hard time), just time consuming and sometimes frustrating. Find a stock rom you can tweak and then read the second post in any of my Aeneas rom threads, that will give you a good starting point. Just be aware, that while the OV devs were nice and worked together well, the same cannot be said for other phones or forums. Some can be downright hostile.

bornagainpenguin

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2015, 12:30:37 PM »
Sorry for necroing but I need some advice. I'm growing increasing frustrated with my LG Optimus F3 and the local Walmart has a VM Motorola e for under $40 (not sure which year) is it worth upgrading laterally to? I'm still hoping to make a leap to Huawei Ascend Mate 2 but just got a car loan and I need to kick the phone upgrade down the line some more.

Is there root and roms available for this phone? Is it worth the hassle if there isn't?