Author Topic: get your MSL and play with it  (Read 4874 times)

ww227

• View Profile
get your MSL and play with it
« on: January 03, 2013, 11:45:52 AM »
I'd posted this in androidforums in answer to someones question about how to hook the venture up to QPST.  If you don't know about QPST, it was for old school modding before phones were computers.  Thought it might be worthwhile here.
<paste>

Here's how I found the MSL on my alcatel/tct/pcd venture. You will need alogcat [and set the filter to 'NV'], or use "adb logcat | fgrep NV", to see pertinent results only.

With log running, dial ##PORT# [##7678#]; tap ok [you don't need to enter a guess of the MSL, but you can if you want to]. Be aware, 2 wrong MSL try's in a row and the phone reboots...

Now, in log I saw;
# V/QC_NV_ITEMS( 8564): Received: 333234363435
so my MSL is 324645, see that? 3X3X3X3X3X3X, the X's are my MSL.

Now, in dialer type ##PORT# again and enter your MSL. tap On. I believe that this just enabled your diagnostic port.

This changed my device. in linux,
with ##PORT# On and settings-applications-development-usbdebugging ON, lsusb now shows;
# Bus 001 Device 007: ID 1bbb:00f5 T & A Mobile Phones
with ##PORT# Off and settings-applications-development-usbdebugging ON it is;
# Bus 001 Device 008: ID 1bbb:00f7 T & A Mobile Phones
with ##PORT# Off and settings-applications-development-usbdebugging OFF it is;
# Bus 001 Device 009: ID 1bbb:d00d T & A Mobile Phones
with ##PORT# On and settings-applications-development-usbdebugging OFF it is;
# Bus 001 Device 010: ID 1bbb:00f6 T & A Mobile Phones
[Notice, it advanced my usb device each time I switched ##PORT# or debugging? The usb port was being reset.]
As you can see there are 4 distinct product codes [the vendor code is 1bbb] for this phone, and prolly all phones. Which ones will work with QPST? [prolly 00f5 and/or f6]. My windows partition is on the fritz right now so someone else can discover.

Other codes that work on the venture;adr2045;PCD/tct/AlcaTel are;
##debug# need MSL, show's your PRL and SID and more.
##RTN# this has an option to RESET, may just reset timers [it shows timers] or may reset something more important, you try, not me...
##DATA# you can change your home SID from 4139 in the advanced section [was that the original goal of this thread?]. In this menu anyone can view the setting but MSL is needed to edit.
*#*#TALK#*#* Google talk info.
*#06# just gives MEID.
*#*#INFO#*#* LOTS of info, you can also select your radio band [cdma, gsm, etc.].
##VIRGIN# for activation.
There must be other codes that work on this phone[I would like to know more], mebbe that's for another thread...
As for changing your PRL [thru QPST, I reckon], its may get changed back to 61007 [or whatever the latest is] automagically by the phone company, but I would like to know if you could do it and how, it might motivate me to get my windows partition running again.