Author Topic: freeing up system flash  (Read 3142 times)

chaser123

• View Profile
freeing up system flash
« on: February 19, 2013, 08:59:34 PM »
have a chaser and for the $$ is it not a bad phone.  one problem is that I keep running out of system memory.  I have 32gb of sd flash going to waste, any way I can install all apps to sd flash and move out some of the stock apps to sd as well? I am using app2sd pro and it does not help much

pbailey212

• View Profile
Re: freeing up system flash
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 09:15:49 PM »
If the phone is able to be rooted, you can partition the sd card and get link2sd from the play store. You would need to back up your sd because partitioning it will erase everything. You must bee rooted and need a custom recovery

chaser123

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 09:22:36 AM »
If the phone is able to be rooted, you can partition the sd card and get link2sd from the play store. You would need to back up your sd because partitioning it will erase everything. You must bee rooted and need a custom recovery

hmm interesting. I'm new to this ecosystem. for any of these q's, point me to docs if available 

I think i rooted my phone with instructions from another site.  how can I verify it worked?   

what do you mean by custom backup?  I can  make a dd image and try repartitioning with  gparted.  think that would work?  should I use ext3 or ext4?

thanks!!

pbailey212

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 10:09:36 AM »

chaser123

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 05:02:53 PM »
Did you follow this guide? http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=671226

no, here

http://forums.androidcentral.com/virgin-mobile-lg-pcd-venture/207597-pcd-venture-virgin-mobile-root-guide.html

just ran root checker and it superuser says I did it right. 

I'll try to run the cwm recovery tool.  is there a linux version?