Author Topic: Serial Ports using teamviewer?  (Read 3106 times)

asadullah

• View Profile
Serial Ports using teamviewer?
« on: December 27, 2012, 06:52:10 AM »
So I've had a couple of requests to flash a couple phones from long distance. I'd like to try it but the only known method is to use teamviewer to install all the drivers and programs on their harddrive and go from there. I'm sure I don't havee to go into it too much but it seems like a pretty long drawn out process plus telling a complete stranger to disable their antivirus can take some convincing. I figure theirs gotta be a way to remotely access their serial ports. Any ideas?

LeslieAnn

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Serial Ports using teamviewer?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 03:43:51 PM »
Team Viewer more or less just takes a screenshot and sends it to you, which is pretty much how most of these programs work in Windows.

If you want more direct control, you need to use Windows Remote Desktop connection.

AnthonyCR

• Developer
  • Stabbing Art to Death
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Serial Ports using teamviewer?
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 03:54:57 PM »
Team Viewer more or less just takes a screenshot and sends it to you, which is pretty much how most of these programs work in Windows.

If you want more direct control, you need to use Windows Remote Desktop connection.

I'm not an expert like Leslie, but I know on one occasion that my dad has had people completely fix huge problems on the computer through what I assume is the windows remote desktop connection (he usually uses the official windows way to do stuff) and it worked pretty much fantastic.

asadullah

• View Profile
Re: Serial Ports using teamviewer?
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 07:24:29 PM »
Thanks I'm gonna give it a shot.