Author Topic: Fastboot in Windows = Crash  (Read 3926 times)

Curiousnoob

• View Profile
Fastboot in Windows = Crash
« on: November 18, 2013, 07:48:53 AM »
So here's the deal... I have a Toshiba Satellite C875-37303. When using the fastboot drivers cause it to blue screen in Windows 7, and Windows 8, etc. Idk if I have a bad USB port or not, but it happens in all 3 ports. Even without fastboot. Just rebooting the phone while plugged into the computer will cause it to crash during the phone's boot. Happens with 2 HTC Cables, and HTC one S and V.

Any thoughts? ???

LeslieAnn

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Fastboot in Windows = Crash
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 06:58:20 PM »
If you have one use a USB hub, it should insulate you from an electronics issue and stop it from crashing, Windows should just disable the hub, however, I will bet it's a driver problem that you're seeing.

Try to find a different version or even just a fresh version of what you're using.

Curiousnoob

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 01:20:02 PM »
I'll look into it, but I went through the whole installing Fastboot in Windows 8.1 which dealt with all that driver reinstallation, and driver signature enforcement off.

It also happens on fresh installations of Windows. Could be a driver problem... Doesn't happen until 1-3 days after installing Windows + HTC Sync Manager and so on.

asadullah

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 12:06:01 AM »
I'm not a professional but I'd say the HTC drivers they always have messed up my laptop and given me issues. A few minutes after I do anything with an HTC phone either my laptop wouldn't shut all the way down or it wouldn't recognize any new phone's.

Curiousnoob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 07:54:24 AM »
I'm gonna try to do it without the drivers installed and see if it still crashes when I get a chance...

Thanks. :D That was a big help. Still gonna buy a USB Hub as well too.

LeslieAnn

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 08:45:14 PM »
An option you can try is a tool such as Drivermax.

Uninstall the drivers you have installed, then download, install, Drivermax  and let it find the drivers. You might get one that works better. It's not foolproof, but I have had it work well in a pinch.

Curiousnoob

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 03:11:41 PM »
I set ADB and Fastboot up differently and I have a different HTC Driver installed. I don't have the crash anymore, but I think I literally have like, 1 good port.