Author Topic: Interesting and strange things with CM  (Read 1704 times)

insanelycool

• View Profile
Interesting and strange things with CM
« on: January 16, 2015, 02:12:56 PM »
So I noticed that with both cm12 and cm11 that my data icon will put a little R next to it (roaming) from time to time in certain areas. on the Victory it would never do that anywhere I went. In fact, VM isn't supposed to roam at all right? What is really bizarre to me is that I can usually get a data connection while it shows the R but it's pretty slow (almost like it should say 3g instead maybe?) Might just be an icon mix up in CM. Though it doesn't transfer data if I go into mobile settings and turn on allow data on roaming. So Weird.

This is actually the sole reason I switched back to stock for now. I'm not sure if this behavior exists on stock because I only did a backup and then flashed a custom. Really hard to troubleshoot if I don't really know what stock is like! LOL.
Does anyone else on CM see this behavior?

I also tried Grakernel but found that the ondemand governor for the cpu was acting like performance governor and tried to make my cpu run as hot as hades... yikes! Note to self: don't test kernels right before bed. That could not have been good for the phone running at 90 degrees for about 4 hours straight. Thankfully I went to sleep late and woke up early.
I think I'm going to try working on a kernel this weekend. Most likely it will be for cm11 but I can't guarantee anything since I haven't ever made one for CM. I won't overclock though (I say that now), but I will look into the voltage tables to see if we can undervolt without messing with the performance.
This part was apparently due to a faulty phone (the internal memory was becoming corrupted).
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 04:15:12 PM by insanelycool »

Nick_73

• Victory Rom and CM10 developer for Galaxy Victory
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting and strange things with CM
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 10:07:53 PM »
Quick q: did the victory ever show LTE in the status bar?

ymerejo42

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 04:35:30 PM »
It did if you could get LTE service. We went out-of-town a few times, and when we did so, my girlfriend and I both got LTE. For some reason, Sprint keeps insisting that LTE is available in West Virginia, Charleston to be specific, but it's not.

insanelycool

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 01:39:12 PM »
Quick q: did the victory ever show LTE in the status bar?

The victory would say 4g in the status bar yes.