Author Topic: 2016 plans and phones (big changes, again)  (Read 834 times)

LeslieAnn

• Administrator
    • View Profile
2016 plans and phones (big changes, again)
« on: February 22, 2016, 09:02:47 PM »
If you haven't seen them, the new plans for 2016 were released the other day and it's good news for some, bad news for others. If you're a low  or high data user, you may want to consider another provider. On the other hand, if you're a mid level data user, VM's new plan may be right up your alley. They have also admitted that they are scaling back Vm, to what end, they haven't said. They are also killing off Pay Lo, as it was mostly being used as a burner service.

On the phone front, VM seems to have finally righted the ship a bit, not much, but some.
The Galaxy J3 appears to be an updated, hybrid Galaxy S3 and S4, which is not a bad thing, especially compared to what else they have on offer. If you're in the market, this is your best reasonably priced phone. Get this before a Stylo, some appear to be having problems, as are some of the Galaxy Primes, though it may only be applicable to GSM models. And whatever you do, don't buy a 16gig Iphone., the 5C may be cheap, but almost every 16gig user is angry with Apple after the last two updates left them with almost no space.

pbailey212

• View Profile
Re: 2016 plans and phones (big changes, again)
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 10:49:30 PM »
I have project fi for a month now, I financed the 5x in to my plan and mynext bill is only $42, that's only $4 more than my VM bill. I only use .5 GB of data though. The best thing about fi is, you actually get roaming. I was up in the blue mountains this weekend and I was actually picking up Verizon and US cellular towers. The 5x is now only $199 if you get it with Google fi. I didn't mind VM at all by I'm very impressed with this phone and service