Author Topic: Does anyone have this phone?  (Read 455 times)

daffy_duck_nj

• View Profile
Does anyone have this phone?
« on: March 23, 2016, 10:48:58 PM »
Considering getting this as a backup phone. Not worried about root for this piece. My reason is that lately my LG G Stylo's screen been flaky when least expected. It's not happened much since I bought the phone last January, but here's the 411:

The flakiness involves the screen becoming contrasty and washed out in gray. The only way I've remedied the problem is to shut the Stylo off for about five minutes and unplugged from the charger, then the problem clears up. It's happened eight times all together.

So again, does anyone have this phone? It does seem to have enough RAM available for some user apps. I've seen some user reviews on YouTube, and I'm fine with it not being able to crank the intense 3D games. My G Stylo is surprisingly capable with those things. I'm also considering getting the LG Tribute, as I gave mine away to a relative recently. Plus, there are a few good stock based ROMs available for the Tribute.

So there we have it: Elevate with 5.1.1, and more internal RAM on tap out of the box, or the root friendly LG Tribute.