Author Topic: Sprint/HTC OEM Dock  (Read 9481 times)

LeslieAnn

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Sprint/HTC OEM Dock
« on: June 11, 2012, 08:02:05 PM »
There are at least 3 docks out there. One has a mini hdmi adapter built in as opposed to the combo connecter that the Sprint/HTC OEM uses. The reasons I went with the OEM model was I knew it would work how I wanted and had a push button interface to trigger dock mode.

If you look on top, towards back you see a circle, that lights up a dull glow when a phone is inserted (which slides in and out easily B.T.W.). Pushing it down (the button locks down like ball point pen) it will trigger docking, rather than manually starting the app like on others. The button will stay in the position you left it in, regardless of the phone being inserted or not. This means you can leave it on a desk or nightstand, drop the phone onto it, and it will start charging and display dock mode.

Dock mode brings up a few widgets as you can see. You can use it without a dock, the button on the dock just does it automatically. It's really nice, there is even a dimming feature for night. I haven't looked into tweak ability yet, but I like it so far. After having a dock on my Evo 4g, I really wanted another and will probably try to only get phones with docks from this point on, they really are an asset to your phone, especially for the price.

I got mine form Cell-Force on Ebay for $12 (free shipping), I ordered it Friday, and got it today... FAST!
(I also got my Anker battery today as well, same ship date! Those guys ROCK!).
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 10:10:29 PM by LeslieAnn »

Bigtuna00

• View Profile
Re: Sprint Dock
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 08:08:19 PM »
Thanks, didn't even know what the button was for, mine says "Video" on it lol.

FWIW this is the same as the OEM HTC Dock (that I got):

http://amzn.com/B005CK2APQ

LeslieAnn

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Sprint/HTC OEM Dock
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 08:22:31 PM »
Yeah it's the same dock (mine is labeled htc as well).
The button is labeled video because it outputs to hdmi as well if you have the right cord.

They make the phone just that much better really. Before I got the Evo 4G dock I thought they were just an accessory, but really I missed not having it and couldn't wait for it to arrive.

thebryceee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 09:00:11 PM »
Do they have any that fits extended batteries?

LeslieAnn

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 09:56:32 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if some of the aftermarket ones might. Otherwise you might have to modify one to fit.

Depending on the cover, the HTC/Sprint one could be modded pretty easy with a Dremel I would think. Just cut off half the lip on back.

bornagainpenguin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 10:15:10 PM »
Do any of these docks unlock a alarm clock mode or some other benefit like that? I swear I saw something about that sort of thing for the original Droid when it went in its dock but it doesn't look like it ever caught on anywhere else. Seemed like an obvious application too!

Bigtuna00

• View Profile

Bigtuna00

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 10:32:55 PM »
Do any of these docks unlock a alarm clock mode or some other benefit like that? I swear I saw something about that sort of thing for the original Droid when it went in its dock but it doesn't look like it ever caught on anywhere else. Seemed like an obvious application too!

Did you read the OP? :P

• Insert EVO in HTC dock
  • Press "Video" button

The phone enters "dock mode"; it has widgets like a music player, alarm clock, weather, etc.  Look at the third screen shot.  Note that the Video button is a push-toggle: push it down for "on", if you push it again it pops up for "off".

bornagainpenguin

• View Profile
Re: Re: Sprint/HTC OEM Dock
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 08:49:16 AM »

Did you read the OP? :P

I did, that's why I asked. The widgets in the screenshot don't fill the screen like the ones I remembered and the screenshot just looks like the normal phone widgets when the phone is in landscape.

LeslieAnn

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 02:42:37 PM »
Why not just hit dock mode and see what all it does?

bornagainpenguin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 03:52:13 PM »
I don't have the phone.

LeslieAnn

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 03:54:07 PM »
Actually, I don't think the stock launcher does landscape.

bornagainpenguin

• View Profile
Re: Re: Sprint/HTC OEM Dock
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 05:36:32 PM »

:o

Bigtuna00

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2012, 06:49:24 PM »

Yeah, that's correct, neither the home screens nor the app list/drawer support landscape.

The "dock Mode" has different widgets than your home screen, I don't have any of those widgets on my home screen...not sure if you can configure them, I haven't tried.

LeslieAnn

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2012, 06:50:32 PM »
You can put at least some on your home screen, and you can tweak the dock screen but it's limited.