Author Topic: How many of us have it or plan on getting it?  (Read 2570 times)

Drezliok

• Optimus V
    • View Profile
How many of us have it or plan on getting it?
« on: December 18, 2012, 03:07:36 AM »
How many of us have it or plan on getting it?

I am thinking about S2 for my wife and I. I'm hoping to see a lot of people (and developers) jumping to this phone.

redrunner1985

• View Profile
Re: How many of us have it or plan on getting it?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 04:08:42 AM »
I upgraded from the OV a few weeks ago and....MAN...is it worth the $$$ to me. As for as the develpment for the phone, it is far into it because of the Sprint Touch 4G. I Rooted it within 30 minutes of taking it out of the box. We have CM10 up and running, MMS isn't working yet and there is a minor glitch with the headphone volume, but it can be fixed with Voodoo Sound of google play. It's pricey, but defiantly hold its own.

electric1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 04:35:07 PM »
I'm curious if its worth switching to GSII from EVO V. My biggest concern is the screen, GSII has larger screen, but lower resolution compared to EVO V. I'm really curious how these screens compare side by side, but Radio Shack only has fakes on display, no way to see the actual live screen on GSII.

I like EVO V overall, but stupid 3D camera is horrible even in 2D mode, power button at the top is inconvenient, phone is too thick, and the screen is not "at the surface" as I understand AMOLED screens are, which to me seems like a cool thing to have.

As for ROMs for GSII, I am totally confused, due to Sprint's names being different from VM names. Which Sprint phone is a 100% match for VM GSII? Can you post a link to Dev forum where ROMs compatible with VM GSII can be found? Which recovery is recommended after rooting? I don't even care about custom ROMs as much, as long as I have root and recovery, so I can clean out bloatware from stock ROM and have a good backup in recovery.

rancur3p1c

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 03:32:17 PM »
I'm actually finding the community is a little dead for this phone IMO.
I love how pretty it is.
I bought both this phone and the Evo V 4g because I couldn't decide between the two LOL.
I don't like the lower screen resolution but I haven't gotten around to flashing a ROM that can handle a lower build.prop LCD Density setting (currently 240, stock Rom doesn't take to 220 very prettily).

Pretty much all the ROMs are compatible I believe, but keeping WiMax I'm unsure about, and I think if you back up your APNs before flashing, you will keep your internet.
As usual VM has their goofy MMS so that won't work.

Battery life is worse than the Evo V 4G, which having the ChiChiTech LiIon 1930mah battery for the Evo V 4g, is a big step backwards. However, I don't use my phone nearly as much as I used to, so the shorter battery life isn't too big of a deal like it used to be.

LeslieAnn

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 04:28:00 PM »
I'm curious if its worth switching to GSII from EVO V. My biggest concern is the screen, GSII has larger screen, but lower resolution compared to EVO V. I'm really curious how these screens compare side by side, but Radio Shack only has fakes on display, no way to see the actual live screen on GSII.
The S2 is much better as a camera, the screen displays graphics great and colors are vivid, but  as you know, lower res. The Evo makes a better computer/browser, the S2 makes a better camera. If that makes sense.

Personally, not only do they battle toe to toe (each winning and losing), it's nowhere near worth the price difference.

I'm actually finding the community is a little dead for this phone IMO.
In fact I have heard more than a few complaints about roms and the community itself. Users seems hocked that such a popular phone has such a bad community. I have heard similar about the older Nexus line as well.