Author Topic: screen protector  (Read 1940 times)

tossici

• View Profile
screen protector
« on: March 22, 2013, 10:18:25 AM »
Has anyone put a screen protector on their Evo V?  I'm looking for a recommendation and maybe a link(?)  I'll pick up something cheap for now but I was looking for something that won't bubble easily.   Thanks!  -t

LeslieAnn

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: screen protector
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 04:45:10 PM »
All of them bubble due to the install method, search Youtube for install instructions using water (seriously, it works).

What I do is buy a 3 pack or so of generic ones off of Ebay, then use the water method. If I mess one up, I don"t care, I have two left.
Also, do NOT buy anti-glare for the Evo, the anti-glare coating conflicts with the screen's 3d system and you will get a ton of blur, even while in 2d. Others have found this as well.

The first time one of my phones gets a protector, I use glass cleaner to get the prints and grease off (spray onto a paper towel, then wipe), then I use the provided wipe cloth, then I sacrifice a protector to test install location (some are very tight fitting, others lose) as well as use it to remove any left over lint and dust (use the water method to make it easier). Then I install the one I plan to use using the water method. Be sure to close any windows, turn off any fans and air conditioning first to minimize dust.  If there is already a protector, I use the old one to remove leftover lint and dust.

tossici

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 01:13:19 PM »
Thanks!   :)

vm13roms

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 02:10:41 AM »
Has anyone put an android phones screen protector on their Evo V?  I'm looking for a recommendation and maybe a link(?)  I'll pick up something cheap for now but I was looking for something that won't bubble easily.   Thanks!  -t

Here's the link on how to put a screen protector on your android phone http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUOAAuXP6G4. Thats may help you out.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 09:43:47 PM by vm13roms »

Kolma

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 10:39:13 PM »
Possibly late to the party
But along with the water method I also use masking tape.
Before peeling off the bottom layer of your screen protector (to make it sticky)
Align it up as perfect as you can, and then hold it in place with some masking tape on ONE side.
That way you can open it like a book, peel the layer to expose the sticky, and get it aligned perfectly in one try!

Masking tape tends to leave zero residue and comes off both the phone and screen protector easily(painter's tape should work too)
Don't put too much pressure on the tape though cause then it will leave a sticky mess on your phone.