Author Topic: The "Fix everything by turning your phone into an Evo 3d" thread  (Read 72923 times)

eyes-tired

• View Profile
Re: The "Fix everything by turning your phone into an Evo 3d" thread
« Reply #180 on: September 09, 2013, 10:01:05 PM »
I'm out in the stix, 3g is in n out. Evo v is s-off'd, been reading thru lotsa forums trying to figure out how to get a better stable signal. Wanting to experiment with diff. radios, trial and error. I've been getting error. Error 75 Data call failure, when flashing sprint radios. Do I have to have sprint firmware for the .0530 and .0808 radio software to work?  Currently have 113.652.2108...build#. If I put Sprint software on will VM know- cancel service? Will flashing these change anything in the data profile, um I guess my question(another!?!) is if I flash the 1.13.651.7RUU zip will I still get VM services?  N why is the RUU file 400MB- Is there the stock rom in there? If so can I flash it thru bootloader, power off, pull battery, boot into downloader- recovery(4ext), wipe,format, restore? Please set me straight. Sorry for all these questions, I'm grateful for all I've learned from y'all, especially LeslieAnn. Oh, got 1.04ENG HBOOT, on a sense based Rom with epst, also wanting to fiddle w/ prls. Got the qadpuk Rom. Having a hard time editing this with phone- build#113.652.2 and current radio is 1090108. Please help, God bless, what the, feel like I'm panhandling
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 10:23:35 PM by eyes-tired »

LeslieAnn

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 10, 2013, 03:50:19 PM »
I'm out in the stix, 3g is in n out. Evo v is s-off'd, been reading thru lotsa forums trying to figure out how to get a better stable signal. Wanting to experiment with diff. radios, trial and error. I've been getting error. Error 75 Data call failure, when flashing sprint radios. Do I have to have sprint firmware for the .0530 and .0808 radio software to work?  Currently have 113.652.2108...build#. If I put Sprint software on will VM know- cancel service? Will flashing these change anything in the data profile, um I guess my question(another!?!) is if I flash the 1.13.651.7RUU zip will I still get VM services?  N why is the RUU file 400MB- Is there the stock rom in there? If so can I flash it thru bootloader, power off, pull battery, boot into downloader- recovery(4ext), wipe,format, restore? Please set me straight. Sorry for all these questions, I'm grateful for all I've learned from y'all, especially LeslieAnn. Oh, got 1.04ENG HBOOT, on a sense based Rom with epst, also wanting to fiddle w/ prls. Got the qadpuk Rom. Having a hard time editing this with phone- build#113.652.2 and current radio is 1090108. Please help, God bless, what the, feel like I'm panhandling
The ESN is the only way Virgin knows if your phone is a Sprint model, or a Virgin model.
ON other Virgin phones, the APNS is also important for texting to work, but otherwise you can change anything else and they won't know or care.  The ESN is locked into the phone, permanently, and is illegal in most states to alter, sort of like VIN on your car. The APNS is handled by the rom, but can be changed by just using a different rom or manually changing it.

Basically, so long as you use a Virgin Rom, your phone should work just fine with Virgin.

As for your signal, don't expect a radio change to perform miracles.
If you happen to be in an area with spotty reception, it can reduce the ins and outs, however, if you have no signal, you have no signal. Software/firmware cannot change that.

Technically, just rooting your phone violates the terms of service, and yes, they can tell if they wanted to. However, they would likely end up in court over it, and lose if they really tried to enforce it. Besides, what would they gain?

eyes-tired

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 10, 2013, 08:00:06 PM »
Thanks for the timely response, I wrote down the apn settings u gave in another thread, when opening up voice dialer- open apns, nothing's there. How do I plug em in? Also, why is the firmware zip so large? Would you recommend zeroing the dss proxys, are those needed for anything, is it true that'll stop throttling? Sorry for the sporadic ??s Nevermind about apn info, found info was lookin for, is it beneficial to make sd card partition on evo v. I know its got the .androidsecure. is link2sd in addition to this
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 09:45:25 PM by eyes-tired »

LeslieAnn

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 11, 2013, 07:32:37 PM »
I only recommend the partition if you need it, otherwise they can be a hassle. Links2sd is different than sdsecure, it makes the card act as the default data location, not a secondary.

You cannot stop all throttling, it's done server side. What we do is try and redirect to a different throttling server, that's hopefully less full. Does it work? that's hard to say. Companies learned long ago not to throttle on the device because people will obviously hack it.