Author Topic: S-off and miui rom  (Read 3622 times)

deja_geek

• View Profile
S-off and miui rom
« on: January 01, 2013, 10:45:03 PM »
OK so I already have my day old evo v rooted and a great cm9 based miui rom on the phone. What I need to do is update the the radio. Am I correct in understanding that I need s-off and in order to do that need the stock rom? I have a nandroid back up from installing the recovery. So do have to go back to stock and then patch to get root or can I use a rom based off stock to get s-off?

deja_geek

• View Profile
Re: S-off and miui rom
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 04:43:21 PM »
Woot got my phone to s off. Used harmonia :-)

ldjohn55

• View Profile
Re: S-off and Harmonia rom
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 11:37:43 AM »
Hi,

I have grown tired of the text message errors from the radio resources errors.

I have Harmonia 3.16 and S-On.
I have seen so many posts on right and wrong instructions to obtain S-Off.
Can someone guide me to the right instructions for S-Off and curing this nightmare?

Thanks

LeslieAnn

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 03:59:45 PM »
Hi,

Can someone guide me to the right instructions for S-Off and curing this nightmare?

Thanks
I recommend reading 2 or 3, then following one of them.
This way, if something doesn't seem right, having read the other three you will have some idea as to what the issue is.

Raynoldsk

• View Profile
Re: S-off and miui rom
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 09:31:51 PM »
I can tell you right here that LeslieAnn is right about reading two or three of the guides.  And all the responses.  It isn't as bad as it sounds, but learning from others' mistakes is always helpful. There are some fairly helpful YouTube videos, too (don't even worry about finding one for our phone--you just want to see someone do it.)

And even though the instructions say only do it on stock, it worked just fine on Harmonia.

Then hop over to the fix everything thread and have at it.

ldjohn55

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 10:53:40 AM »
Hi,

Thanks
I recommend reading 2 or 3, then following one of them.
This way, if something doesn't seem right, having read the other three you will have some idea as to what the issue is.

LeslieAnn,

It has been a while, and the text messages pile-up continued to the point that I had enough.  So, I obtained a copy of Ubuntu Live CD and performed the S-OFF procedure according the Juon___Bear.  Not having to d/l drivers was much simpler using the Ubuntu Linus version.  I had a problem for about an hour trying to get out of the bootloop after loading the 3 files.  My brain-fart was that I tried to flash the Harmonia FOLDER instead of getting inside the folder to the file to flash Harmonia (v16).  After that, everything reloaded and I was happy as a child in a cotton-candy store to see my text messages successfully be transmitted!

Thank you and all.

LeslieAnn

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 04:22:19 PM »
LeslieAnn,

It has been a while, and the text messages pile-up continued to the point that I had enough.  So, I obtained a copy of Ubuntu Live CD and performed the S-OFF procedure according the Juon___Bear.  Not having to d/l drivers was much simpler using the Ubuntu Linus version.  I had a problem for about an hour trying to get out of the bootloop after loading the 3 files.  My brain-fart was that I tried to flash the Harmonia FOLDER instead of getting inside the folder to the file to flash Harmonia (v16).  After that, everything reloaded and I was happy as a child in a cotton-candy store to see my text messages successfully be transmitted!

Thank you and all.
Glad you got it and congrats!