Author Topic: Make 3D YouTube Really Good. HD YouTube App  (Read 3306 times)

jodokast

• View Profile
    • My Videos
Make 3D YouTube Really Good. HD YouTube App
« on: March 11, 2013, 08:22:16 AM »
This should be preinstalled with all Evo 3D ROMS: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1529715

That is all :)

itsrayray

• View Profile
Re: Make 3D YouTube Really Good. HD YouTube App
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 10:22:37 AM »
Nice work on it, but hq quality is horrendous and borks tapatalk when clicking a YouTube vid due to it being in browser now.

jodokast

• View Profile
    • My Videos
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 07:35:38 PM »
Nice work on it, but hq quality is horrendous and borks tapatalk when clicking a YouTube vid due to it being in browser now.

I'm not really sure what you're saying... when you use the HD YouTube app, you watch videos in the app... you now have the choice between low quality, high quality and HD.

So when clicking HD, you should be able yo watch videos at better quality then you ever have in the YouTube app.

itsrayray

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 02:57:45 AM »
Yes, but I'm not gonna watch videos in hd on vms 3g. The hq sucks ass. I watched multiple vids in hd, then hq and I couldnt make out much in hq. It had terrible quality to it compared to the play store YouTube in hq.

jodokast

• View Profile
    • My Videos
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 11:47:04 AM »
Yes, but I'm not gonna watch videos in hd on vms 3g. The hq sucks ass. I watched multiple vids in hd, then hq and I couldnt make out much in hq. It had terrible quality to it compared to the play store YouTube in hq.

Well that's interesting because the app doesn't convert anything. it's all streamed and converted by YouTube. LQ on both apps should be 240 or 320. HQ should be 480 (maybe 540 too?) on both. and HD should be 720 only on the HD YouTube app. There shouldn't be any difference between the two other wise because the apps do nothing but tell the YouTube servers what file to stream to the device, quality is totally dependant on YouTube. The apps are the same.

Or at least from what I can tell.

HQ almost always looks bad on YouTube.

itsrayray

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 10:33:35 PM »
I'll try it again just to make sure it was not user error, but I tried both versions of the app, standard/inverted. Just in hopes it was just something odd with the app.

I'll try to get screenshots.

jodokast

• View Profile
    • My Videos
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 03:56:32 PM »
I'll try it again just to make sure it was not user error, but I tried both versions of the app...

Well, I didn't develop it so it's not a big deal to me :)  I just really like it and it's too bad it wasn't showing the same quality of HQ on the HD app as it was on the standard app.

And yeah, I only occasionally will wait for a HD video to load when on 3G. But having HD really helps when watching a 3D trailer (since 3d is like half the resolution. So when watching 3D at 480 is comes out being 240 [except that most 3D videos are side-by-side so the loss of resolution is horizontal and not vertical] but anyway...). So I really like the ability to use the full resolution of the Evo V's screen whenever I want :)