Author Topic: Going S-Off  (Read 2606 times)

Atratus

• View Profile
Going S-Off
« on: July 03, 2013, 08:27:17 PM »
I am considering going S-Off on my, but I am confused on a few things.  1) It is rooted, but still on the stock ROM.  Can I do it using just the stock rom?  2) Since it is still on the stock ROM, do I need to use the RUU thing?  I have been researching and looking up stuff for it, but some of them say that you have to use a different rom, or that you don't need RUU. 

kwknott

• View Profile
Re: Going S-Off
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 08:39:41 PM »
You can be rooted. I was rooted when I s-offed mine. I think you actually have to be rooted. Once you do the s-off you will have to install a custom rom as the s-off process changes the bootloader which makes stock rom not boot.

Atratus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 08:42:07 PM »
Can I do it on a windows PC?  The Juonpunutbear stuff doesn't support windows anymore.  Also, do I have to run the RUU or is it just something I keep around?

lordmage

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 04:16:11 AM »
to S-off you need to
First be rooted which you are
second you need to be stock rom.( Harmonia will do if not stock)
so if all you did was root and/or flash harmonia then you're set.
then you would need to HTC unlock via their method http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader
(use the all other supported device choice at the bottom of the list)
if you managed to do all this then your ready for s-off
to s-off
you can try to use windows i did back when they supported it (ran as admin rights with virus scanner disabled on windows 7 64bit via command prompt rather then a shortcut) but you can run linux off a live cd or usb if supported without installing linux permanently

full guide http://androidforums.com/evo-v-4g-all-things-root/695161-s-off-root-fix-everything-all-in-one.html#post5598022

Atratus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 05:02:26 PM »
I managed to get it.  It took some doing, the guide I used didn't mention that I needed to uninstall HTC Sync because it blocked the Control Bear from doing its thing.