Author Topic: [ROM] TouchWiz MG5 Stock ROM  (Read 9549 times)

moonknightus

• Developer
    • View Profile
[ROM] TouchWiz MG5 Stock ROM
« on: November 26, 2013, 09:06:16 AM »
TouchWiz Stock ROM
MG5

This is a flashable zip to install the stock TouchWiz ROM pre-updated to MG5.
The installer will give you the option to root with SuperSU if desired, restore the stock MG5 kernel, and restore the stock recovery (useful if you decide to get rid of your phone).

This ROM is based on the MG5 update, so please do not install it on a phone which has never had the MG5 update applied as it may cause problems.  The ROM does NOT update any of the firmware files (ie. modem, etc.).  You may be able to install JerryScript's no-props MG5 update over this ROM if you want to risk it but this is unsupported and I cannot guarantee it will work.

WARNING: If you decide to restore stock recovery, you will need to flash a custom recovery via Odin should you change your mind later.

Installation
  • Backup your current system in case you want to go back
  • Wipe System, Data, Cache, and Davlik-Cache
  • Install ROM
  • Reboot
Download

Note:  This is a bone stock system.  It doesn't have any of the little fixes and perks that you may be used to (including the Video Player fix as the lib files don't appear to have shipped on our phones, although per Madbat, they shouldn't be needed with the stock kernel).  Feel free to use it as a base to create your own mods
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 05:48:51 PM by moonknightus »

xstefen

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: [ROM] TouchWiz MG5 Stock ROM
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 04:11:16 PM »
TouchWiz Stock ROM
MG5

This is a flashable zip to install the stock TouchWiz ROM pre-updated to MG5.
The installer will give you the option to root with SuperSU if desired, restore the stock MG5 kernel, and restore the stock recovery (useful if you decide to get rid of your phone).

This ROM is based on the MG5 update, so please do not install it on a phone which has never had the MG5 update applied as it may cause problems.  The ROM does NOT update any of the firmware files (ie. modem, etc.).  You may be able to install JerryScript's no-props MG5 update over this ROM if you want to risk it but this is unsupported and I cannot guarantee it will work.

WARNING: If you decide to restore stock recovery, you will need to flash a custom recovery via Odin should you change your mind later.

Installation
  • Backup your current system in case you want to go back
  • Wipe System, Data, Cache, and Davlik-Cache
  • Install ROM
  • Reboot
Download

Note:  This is a bone stock system.  It doesn't have any of the little fixes and perks that you may be used to (including the Video Player fix as the lib files don't appear to have shipped on our phones, although per Madbat, they shouldn't be needed with the stock kernel).  Feel free to use it as a base to create your own mods

Thanks!

DattKiddKFC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 02:17:47 AM »
Always important to have! Thanks!
<I'm just a kid and I'll always be just a kid.>

StarWarsEUFan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 05:28:29 PM »
The download link is corrupted. I like your work on conquest.

moonknightus

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 05:49:20 PM »
The download link is corrupted. I like your work on conquest.

Fixed

Wroth

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2014, 04:18:17 PM »
This may be a stupid question but do I still load this up on my custom recovery if I want to use this to restore the stock recovery? If not what do I need?

the_Victorian

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2014, 04:48:06 PM »
This may be a stupid question but do I still load this up on my custom recovery if I want to use this to restore the stock recovery? If not what do I need?
You need Odin to flash back stock recovery. Alternatively, you could use an app called flashify. If you use the app, you need to be rooted and running a custom recovery

Android Forums and Xda Developers at:
the_ Victorian

Nick_73

• Victory Rom and CM10 developer for Galaxy Victory
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2014, 08:41:09 PM »
You can flash my ND4 Stock rom if you are on ND4. It has the option to restore stock recovery but also it restores you to a stock rom. Alternatively you can extract the recovery image from the zip and do as the_Victorian said: flash it with Flashify (It is the easiest way)