Author Topic: MG5 to ND4 Update  (Read 6655 times)

fwuts

• View Profile
MG5 to ND4 Update
« on: June 01, 2014, 05:55:28 PM »
I have a rooted Virgin Mobile SPH-L300 with TWRP Recovery. Samsung has been sending me an update but it fails to install. Should I do anything about it, like trying to install it from recovery. When I let the phone try to install it, I end up in Recovery and when I check the log file I see it failed. The first error is "Cannot find file /nobrightness".
The file it is trying to use for update is USER_L300_SPT_MG5_to_ND4_Update_FWD-1.zip

Does anyone know what is in the update? Should I care?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 06:10:33 PM by fwuts »

thebritons

• View Profile
Re: MG5 to ND4 Update
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 07:08:04 PM »
I have a rooted Virgin Mobile SPH-L300 with TWRP Recovery. Samsung has been sending me an update but it fails to install. Should I do anything about it, like trying to install it from recovery. When I let the phone try to install it, I end up in Recovery and when I check the log file I see it failed. The first error is "Cannot find file /nobrightness".
The file it is trying to use for update is USER_L300_SPT_MG5_to_ND4_Update_FWD-1.zip

Hey fwuts, after it failed to install- does it keep popping up the update reminder?

Madbat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 05:35:48 AM »

It will only install correctly with stock recovery, stock system, stock everything. So root, custom recovery, any system mods or missing system apps will cause failure.

fwuts

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 10:17:05 AM »
Last week it also tried to update. I clicked install, and it reported it was up to date, but it tried again this week.

Nick_73

• Victory Rom and CM10 developer for Galaxy Victory
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 02:48:23 PM »
Make sure ABSOLUTELY NOTHING is removed from the system, that includes apps. Also you are gonna want to make sure you are on the stock kernel and stock recovery. Make sure your build.prop is also not modified (ie change phone name, version. etc). Root does not matter. I kept root after the update. You wanna pretend like u just bought the phone. I am in the process of making a working no-props update.zip for use with TWRP. Hope this helps and post any other problems that u encounter :)

McCnasty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 01:53:24 PM »
So I've had no luck getting the update to install and I've installed mg5 stock rom and everything in between but i keep getting errors such as the status error 7. Can anyone help me?

the_Victorian

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2014, 02:45:22 PM »
So I've had no luck getting the update to install and I've installed mg5 stock rom and everything in between but i keep getting errors such as the status error 7. Can anyone help me?

ugg same here. Of course, my phone is screwed up pretty bad already, but......

Android Forums and Xda Developers at:
the_ Victorian

Nick_73

• Victory Rom and CM10 developer for Galaxy Victory
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2014, 04:24:26 PM »
PM me and I will try to help u :)

sfender

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2015, 04:09:21 PM »
Is there any way of knowing whether my phone has MG5 or Nd4? I need to know before I flash victorious because it says phoen must have ND4.

the_Victorian

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2015, 07:57:43 PM »
Is there any way of knowing whether my phone has MG5 or Nd4? I need to know before I flash victorious because it says phoen must have ND4.
Are you running stock Right now? If you are it should say at the end of your build number.

Android Forums and Xda Developers at:
the_ Victorian