Author Topic: OmniROM?  (Read 3136 times)

ymerejo42

• View Profile
OmniROM?
« on: July 31, 2014, 09:10:55 AM »
I'm not a developer myself, so no idea how hard this might be, but have any of you guys looked into porting OmniROM over for the Galaxy Victory? From the looks of their website, they seem to be pretty friendly about the idea of new devices being added, so they might be willing to help out.

the_Victorian

• View Profile
Re: OmniROM?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 05:35:57 PM »
I'm not a developer myself, so no idea how hard this might be, but have any of you guys looked into porting OmniROM over for the Galaxy Victory? From the looks of their website, they seem to be pretty friendly about the idea of new devices being added, so they might be willing to help out.

That's A pretty involved process. Maybe once one of us can get a working build of Cyanogenmod or Kitkat 4.4, maybe we can try working on that. I just started learning about ROM building in the spring, and I already can mod ROM on an intermediate level. Keep at it, and follow you ambitions.

Good luck,

the_Victorian
 8) 

Android Forums and Xda Developers at:
the_ Victorian

Nick_73

• Victory Rom and CM10 developer for Galaxy Victory
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 09:47:00 PM »

That's A pretty involved process. Maybe once one of us can get a working build of Cyanogenmod or Kitkat 4.4, maybe we can try working on that. I just started learning about ROM building in the spring, and I already can mod ROM on an intermediate level. Keep at it, and follow you ambitions.

Good luck,

the_Victorian
 8)
I never thought of it but I'll give it a shot some time

Nick_73

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 11:31:00 PM »
If u can find a 4.1.2 Omni, preferably for the S3, link it to me and I'll see what I can do ;)

ymerejo42

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 11:42:34 PM »
They have builds for the S3 (i9300) and the S3 LTE (i9305), International for both. The only thing is, they're on 4.4.4. Hopefully that isn't a problem.

Nick_73

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 11:18:04 AM »
They have builds for the S3 (i9300) and the S3 LTE (i9305), International for both. The only thing is, they're on 4.4.4. Hopefully that isn't a problem.
I do not have the knowledge of porting diff versions of android so that is y I am looking for 4.1.2..... Sorry